Practical strategies to develop skills and knowledge to enhance the well-being of staff and students in a school environment.
What the research tells us:
Mindfulness increases social and emotional regulation, concentration, academic performance, student/teacher relationships and staff workplace interactions.
What you will learn:
- Theoretical understanding of mindfulness principles;
- Exploration and practice of mindfulness techniques;
- Application to school and early learning settings;
- Competently build self-regulatory behaviour for students through mindfulness practice;
- Enhancing classroom management skills- with a particular focus on improving attention, reducing stress and worry, and boosting retention of learning.
What you will experience:
- Exploration of mindfulness strategies;
- Brainstorm activities you can apply in your own classrooms;
- Use of age-appropriate language and activities based on neuroscience research;
- Develop your own mindfulness practice.
When: 13th and 14th September 2019
Time: 9am – 5:30pm (Friday), 9am – 2:30pm (Saturday)
Venue: Tudor House, Moss Vale
Cost: $399 + GST = $438.90
Registration: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.